FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
- To provide technical direction and support to countries in the planning and implementation of trachoma elimination activities such as: drug projections and applications, mass drug administration and trachoma evaluations.
- To provide technical support in the implementation of the SAFE strategy for trachoma and assist in its coordination with cross-sector stakeholders.
- To analyze and report on the trachoma situation for each country and across the portfolio.
- To ensure countries are adhering to WHO guidelines for eliminating trachoma and following on other relevant technical guidance and best practices coming from the Trachoma Expert Committee, International Trachoma Initiative, the International Coalition for Trachoma Control (ICTC) and other relevant actors.
- To work with CDC, WHO, Task Force for Global Health, and other relevant actors to develop epidemiologically sound post-validation surveillance approaches and platforms and work with Ministries of Health to pilot these approaches using available platforms.
- To maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and staff of relevant partners.
- To develop tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- To work with MOHs to review, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs/projects and make recommendations for enhancements.
- To represent FHI 360 at professional meetings and conferences.
- To develop and maintain collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs and be consistently maintained and viewed as a knowledgeable resource in their technical area.
- 8+ years of experience in the implementation of Neglected Tropical Disease programs.
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of trachoma elimination programs. Should have demonstrated experience in overseeing trachoma elimination projects, in setting realistic priorities, and planning for the successful implementation of activities.
- Experience working in developing countries
- Should have written and published materials related to the technical area (e.g., journal articles, job aids, training curricula, and other tools).
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or Portuguese is a plus.
- Master’s degree or International Equivalent in Public Health, Medicine and/or Related Field; PhD preferred Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand-held devices.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-25 lbs.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.