United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), France
Closing Date for Applications:
ABOUT THE SECTOR
Education transforms lives Education transforms lives and is at the heart of UNESCO's mission to build peace, eradicate poverty and promote sustainable development. UNESCO believes that education is a human right for all throughout life and that access must be matched with quality. The Organization is the only United Nations body mandated to cover all aspects of education. He was charged with leading the Global Education 2030 Agenda through the Sustainable Development Goal
The roadmap to achieve this is the Education 2030 Framework for Action (FFA). UNESCO provides global and regional leadership in education, strengthens education systems worldwide and responds to contemporary global challenges through education, with gender equality being an underlying principle.
His work encompasses educational development from preschool to higher education and beyond. Themes include global citizenship and sustainable development, human rights and gender equality, health and HIV and AIDS, as well as technical and professional skills development. UNESCO leads the coordination and monitoring of the World Education Agenda 2030 through Sustainable Development Goal 4 and using the Education 2030 Framework for Action as a roadmap.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
- The intern will have the opportunity to learn and support the overall mission work of the sector / program.
- The intern will be selected according to his specialization and the needs of the sector.
- Activities will vary depending on mission requirements.
- The specific terms of reference and learning objectives will form part of the contract.
- The intern will be based in UNESCO offices around the world.
SKILLS (Fundamental / Managerial)
- Responsibility (F)
- Communication (F)
- Innovation (F)
- Knowledge sharing and constant desire for improvement (F)
- Planning and organization (F)
- Culture of results (F)
- Teamwork (F)
- For more information, please see UNESCO Competency Framework
- Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Candidates for UNESCO internships must, at the time of their application, meet the following academic requirements:
- Completed university studies (baccalaureate or equivalent) in a university or equivalent institution before starting the assignment;
- Enrolled in a graduate program (second university or master's degree or equivalent, or higher), at the time of application; or
- Recently graduated with a university degree (first or second degree as defined above), within the last 12 months.
- Has undertaken studies in fields related to UNESCO's fields of competence (education, culture, science, communication, social sciences) or in other fields which support UNESCO's work such as law, human resources , management studies, international relations, etc.