Trainee Child Protection
UN Children's Fund, Bertoua, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
For every child, hope:
The UNICEF Internship Program provides qualified or newly qualified and eligible students with country offices and National Committees, the unique opportunity to gain direct hands-on experience of the work of UNICEF and the United Nations system under the auspices of UNICEF. direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
To be recruited as for an internship at UNICEF, candidates must fulfill the following conditions:
- Be enrolled in a program of undergraduate studies or graduate or postgraduate studies;
- Have an excellent command of French and English;
- Have excellent academic performance.
Purpose of the internship:
The main objective is to support the Child Protection Section of the Bertoua Zone Office in setting up a system for collecting and reporting information. The work of the trainee will therefore consist of:
- Support the section in setting up mechanisms for collecting and reporting partners' information;
- Support the Section in the compilation of partner reports and data;
- Contribute to the capacity building of the section in data management;
- Support the Section in data consolidation of community child protection networks; Support the Section in organizing all available information on child protection;
- Support any other activity required at the Section level.
- A university degree in statistics, monitoring evaluation, social sciences or any other related field;
- Have knowledge of data management software: spreadsheet (Excel, VBA and Excel advanced functions, etc.), Geographic Information System (QGIS, MapInfo, etc.), databases (Access, Oracle, etc. .).
- Have knowledge of office software (Word and PowerPoint).
- Have knowledge of data collection, analysis and management; Have a good sense of organization.