Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- The primary purpose of this role is to provide an end to end administrative support service for internal clients, you will be responsible for partnering with the talent team and other departments to provide a seamless support service. Pre-deployment clearance is the main part of the role. The post is a six month fixed term contract with the possibility of becoming permanent
- This is an exciting opportunity for experienced candidates and recent graduates to work in fast paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be someone with a very good attention to deal, friendly approach, eager to learn and passionate about dealing with administrative tasks. The role will provide a great opportunity for the candidate to show their heightened sense of responsibility and ownership, as well as desire and passion to go far beyond the boundaries of the job.
- Candidates will be responsible for
- Processing security clearances for all hires and roster members.
- Maintaining and managing security records on personnel system, processing applicants' files to ensure applicants meet all mandatory checks
- Managing the clearance process providing regular updates to consultants, core team and clients on the status of vetting files
- Liaising with Consultants/Core-team members to ensure smooth running of the process
Dealing with incoming queries
- Working closely with the HR department when onboarding new starters
- Act as a first point of contact for vetting matters in force to provide advice and guidance and to support colleagues in the gathering and interpretation of information, and support the application of local and guidance
- Liaising with national agencies on individual cases, requesting and providing information to enable vetting decision-making
- Ensure information relating to security clearance is communicated effectively and in a timely manner to all relevant parties.
- Be the main contact point for contractors on security clearance issues
- Experience of working in a busy and sensitive environment
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experiencing of compiling, presenting and analysing data
- Computer literate with experience of Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work effectively in a team
Effective communicator - both verbally and in writing
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Able to challenge process and seek out better ways of working
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders within a client environment