Danish Refugee Council, Mubi, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
The WASH Assistant’s primary function is to assist the WASH Officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of WASH activities being implemented by DRC. Specifically, the WASH Assistant is expected to conduct the following:
- Carry out of WASH needs assessment for host communities, returning refugees and IDPs and using results in designing intervention measures.
- Monitor construction works progress, budgets, costs and schedule in accordance with project plan and taking of appropriate actions.
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/protected water sources.
- Minimum of higher diploma in Civil or Water Engineering or Public Health. Other qualifications related to water and sanitation with at least 1 year progressive experience in WASH programming will be given consideration
- At least 1 year programming experience with I/NGOs
- Very good understanding of national WASH policies and strategies, program and stakeholders in Nigeria
- Thorough knowledge of SPHERE Shelter and WASH in emergencies standards.
- Experience working in volatile areas
- Experience in community based interventions
- Experience in Microsoft Office and internet
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, GPS, Arc GIS and Google Earth
- Knowledge of English (written and spoken)