Danish Refugee Council, Mubi, Nigeria
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Water Sanitation and Hygiene Officer’s (Water and Sanitation) primary function is to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of WASH activities being implemented by DRC. This specifically includes the following:
- Carrying out the selection, design and construction of water systems, using ground water or surface water, including abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems or rehabilitation of existing systems.
- Select, design and implement the most appropriate form of sanitation system, in consultation with the beneficiaries, which includes excreta disposal, refuse disposal, vector control and drainage.
- Ensure efficient and effective WASH program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/protected water sources.
- Lead the WASH team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises.
- Minimum of higher diploma in Civil or Water Engineering or Public Health. Other qualifications related to water and sanitation with at least 2 years progressive experience in WASH programming will be given consideration
- At least 2 years programming experience with I/NGOs
- Very good understanding of national WASH policies and strategies, program and stakeholders in Nigeria
- Thorough knowledge of SPHERE and WASH in emergencies standards.
- Experience working in volatile areas
- Experience in community based interventions
- Experience in Microsoft Office and internet
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, GPS, Arc GIS and Google Earth
- Knowledge of English (written and spoken)