United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia , Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
RESULT OF SERVICE
- Completed project plan upon inception of projects
- Initial design and mock-up for assigned projects
- Technical documentation and user manual for assigned projects
- Progress reports with time sheets indicating the fulfilment/progress of requested tasks/activities
- Final Source code/Design/Images/Animations and all assets related to the website and web applications being developed
- Any other output and deliverables as requested by ESCW
- Expected duration of six months with a probability of extension subject to availability of funds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, ICTS, and direct supervision by the team leader, applications Support and development, the web designer will perform the following tasks:
- create the look, layout, and features of a website in attractive professional graphic design in an intuitive, user-friendly style and design collaterals;
- develop frontend for websites using UN established standards for web design, technologies and tools;
- interpret user requirements and translate these into systems specifications;
- analyze and advise on innovative web-based solutions;
- prepare technical and user documentation for deployed websites and products, as well as training materials and conducts technical presentations;
- Maintain functional specifications for websites, programs and procedures developed and/or modified;
- provide support for deployed websites including version management, data recovery and deployment;
- support digitization, visualization and development of infographics for various products.
- trains staff on completed products.
- Computer Information Systems Degree (B.S.) in computer science / information systems, or related fields is required.
- Certification in web design /development is desirable.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows site maps and rapid prototyping
- Understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface principles and conceptual designs
- Experience with responsive design
- Extensive knowledge and experience with cross browser web design skills
- Experience with mobile and related devices designs
- Solid experience in content management systems such as Drupal
- Experience with version control such as GIT
- Knowledge in designing multilingual websites
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official United Nations language is desirable.