The main purpose is to provide various data-driven and workflow web application solutions using the latest software development tools and technologies.
- A minimum of 6 months with possibility of extension depending on needs and funding availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, ICTS, and direct supervision by the team leader, applications support and development, the contractor will perform the following tasks:
- analyze, design and develop new web and/or software applications as per the UN ICT strategy and ESCWA´s needs
- develop detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation
- maintain, upgrade or enhance existing user systems and integration of many interrelated systems and program elements
- develop data-driven web-based data visualization and data analytics solutions to support ESCWA initiatives
- organize and perform unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assist users in acceptance testing;
- develop training material, technical and user manuals
- train staff on completed systems/applications;
- any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications: Computer Science Degree (B.S. in computer science / information systems, or related field)
Experience: Five years' experience with demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry as a full-time developer.
Skills required are as follows:
- Web development using ASP.NET and/or .Net Core, HTML5, CSS, JQuery, Node.JS, React, etc. - (C# or VB.Net);
- .Net workflow applications development using (C# or VB.net);
- Expert knowledge of database design, management, and administration using SQL Server technologies and/or other industry standard database technologies
- Knowledge of open source data visualization libraries such as Apache ECharts, D3.js for producing dynamic, interactive web-based data visualization solutions
Knowledge the following skills will be an added advantage:
- Knowledge of IIS;
- Different software version control and repository tools, preferably GIT;
- Dashboarding tools such as PowerBI or Tableau;
- Web Mapping design tools.
- Xamarin for mobile development;
- Knowledge of Python and/or R language and environment for statistical computing and graphics
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official United Nations language is desirable.