PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide overall leadership and management to the area program in accordance with WVV’s strategic directions (e.g. national strategy, Technical Approaches, Technical Programs), policies (e.g. HR Manual,
Finance and Child Protection policies, ect.), standards (e.g. technical project models, Program Effectiveness, child sponsorship, child protection and child safe organization, Program Accountability Framework, etc.).
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
Leadership and People Management
- Provide overall leadership to the AP team, including spiritual leadership
- Work with PnC department to recruit and provide orientation for new staff
- Supervise, coach, mentor, provide adequate feedback to AP staff to ensure their high performance toward the shared goals
- Identify and address development needs of AP staff to ensure that they are well equipped with core and job-specific competencies to carry out quality work
- Identify and address staffing issues in a timely and professional manner, in working with PnC department
- Promote ongoing reflection and learning culture among AP staff
- Organize the AP office and facilitate a working environment of trust, mutual respect, and care among all staff
- Build effective relationships with support office/donors; provide support office/donors with vital program information, documentation, stories and reports on a timely manner and get them involved in key events/milestones of the program
Community Engagement and Sponsorship
- Build effective working relationship with various development partners including PMB and technical departments at district and commune level
- Network with external stakeholders (NGOs, CSO, local businesses, etc.) and create space for collaboration and partnership toward improved well being of children, especially the most vulnerable
- Raise awareness of local partners and community on WV’s Christian identity and values, child focused and community based development
- Promote program accountability in accordance with PAF
- Lead the AP planning process as well as the annual community review & planning process
- Promote shared monitoring and integrated reflection with local partners and community to review the progress and identify areas for improvements
- Support communities and partners to develop and implement the community development plan/ initiatives (micro projects) including advocacy initiatives
- Support communities and partners to develop and implement community-based disaster preparedness plans
- Identify and mobilize community resources for joint advocacy activities at district level
- Lead the documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, MSC stories and share with external and internal stakeholders for learning and advocacy purpose
- Lead the process of MVC mapping and inclusion in the project activities
- Lead child projection and inclusion as per Sponsorship standards and monitor participation and benefits of RC/MVC and their families
- Lead the child monitoring as per sponsorship standards
- Facilitate the implementation of Sponsorship 2.0
- Reinforce Sponsorship In Programming (SIP) Essentials
- Facilitate the process of program approach towards sustainability
Program Management in assigned communes
- Lead the adaptation of TPs following the standard guidelines/ tools and complete all AP level documents (log-frame, ITT, MnE plan, narrative AP Plan)
- Provide coaching and support to AP staff to implement TPs according to the approved AP plan and budget
- Mobilize technical, human, financial resources to support the program
- Lead the monitoring and reporting of indicators to ensure data accuracy
- Implement the recommendations of CWB reports, evaluation reports, technical model review reports
- Coordinate the participation of local partners and community in baseline survey and evaluation at AP level
- Document evidences and disseminate WVV’s project models to external partner for replication and advocacy purpose
- Prepare monitoring reports for the AP (monthly, semi-annual, annually)
- Support AP staff to mainstream CCT into program activities
- Lead the implementation of Horizon 3.0
- Manage resources with integrity and stewardship, in compliance with WVV’s financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinate procurement and strategic sourcing at AP level
- Prepare concept notes and proposals for PNS calls
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- (The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor degree in education, public health, community development, social work and/or business administration.
- Master degree in similar fields
Knowledge & Skills
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including health, education, economic development, HIV and AIDS programming, food security, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, child protection, environment, disability), and integration of advocacy and disaster management in development programming.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including leading, building, and supporting a team with diverse roles and capacities.
- Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation and mobilisation of communities and networking among different development partners.
- Demonstrated capacity in program management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese and English, especially report writing skills.
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email.
- Ability to think critically and reflect.