PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship not only at the National Office but also at the ADPs/Projects.
The main responsibilities include ensuring that all financial records comply with the WV Financial Policies and Procedures and meet audit requirements
FIELD OFFICE ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
- Regular accounting and adjusting journal entries are prepared
- Calculate and process monthly payroll and tax payment for all staffs
- All staff’s salaries and benefits are allocated to correct cost center
- Reconciliation (GL, GNs, bank, etc) is carried out on a monthly basis.
- The correction and consistency with WV standard of the used accounts and analysis codes is ensured.
- The assets register is regularly updated and reconciled with the sunsystems data, and assets are physical verified at least on an annual basis.
- Sunsystems data are entered and reviewed, supporting schedules and financial reports are prepared accurately and timely in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- All outstanding advances and payables (more than 30 days) are tracked and reminded to the relevant staff or Finance Officer in a timely manner.
- Settlement Advices are prepared and submitted on a timely basis
- Compile project’s funding needs and other regular operating expense to request sufficient cash from Global Treasury on a monthly basis
- Control level of cash for the office as well as each AP within approved target low
- Timely confirm fund receipt and regular adjusting balance of restricted funds are prepared
- Ensure efficient cash and bank operations at AP as well as National Office
PROJECT ACCOUNTING AND SUPPORT
- Training and/or accounting support is provided to the AP staff , including site visits to projects and APs.
- Update, advise and ensure tax and statutory compliance for the organization
- Audits of projects which he/she is not directly providing financial assistance and support to are conducted periodically
- Inputs to the annual objectives for the Finance Department which are consistent with the Finance Manual are given.
- Appropriate and on-time revisions are made to the Finance Manual, Field Finance Manual of WV Vietnam in accordance with the WV Global Center Finance manual.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Knowledge & Skills
- Good knowledge of accounting theory, financial statements and government tax requirements
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good English skills (both spoken and written);
- Good computer skills
- Experience in community development or with similar INGO.
- Experience in bank reconciliation, journal preparation, general ledger, financial statements, treasury management and government tax requirements.
- World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
- Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
- We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
- A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.