Assisting 91.4 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
In Lebanon, WFP works to support approximately 700,000 people with regular assistance using e-cards. WFP also supports Lebanese schools with school meals and has run over 300 development activities which include supporting rural infrastructure, as well as education and training opportunities for vulnerable individuals in families. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Program (NPTP).
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Programme Associate (M&E) and the overall supervision of the Programme Policy Officer, the Monitoring Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Verify the planned distribution of food assistance, report issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Assist in planning M&E activities for all food assistance and livelihoods programs conduct in the field office in alignment with WFP’s policies and directions.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of Ecards and program checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of Ecards.
- Assist in compiling, consolidating and cleaning data at field a level to support operational decision making. Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support program reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Assist in reviewing, and preparing regular field monitoring and M&E progress reports for various programs including direct food assistance, livelihoods and retail sector
- Follow set Food assistance response processes and procedures for refugees and NPTP programs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Follow up on monitoring findings and ensure corrective actions and recommendations have been taken as appropriate and followed up by Cooperating Partners (CPs), …
- Support with logistics and administration required for M&E activities including liaising with CPs
- Report on M&E activities on a regular basis.
- Other requirements, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in social sciences, economy, nutrition, agriculture or other related fields is a plus.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience with at least one (1) year experience in the fields of education, humanitarian assistance, retail business, nutrition, livelihoods, agriculture, refugee operation or other related fields.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Proficient computer knowledge and usage of MS software package, internet search and mapping
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel
- Familiarity with other statistical analysis software packages (SPSS is a plus)
- Data cleaning and basic presentation
- Effective communication skills for diverse audience of different ethnic groups and economic levels, and interagency partners
- Intermediate level data analysis
- Work experience with NGO or UN is a plus