Information Management Officer
United Nations Development Programme , Jordan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Information Management Unit with overall direction of the Head of OCHA and working as an integral part of the organization’s Team, the incumbent will be ensuring maximum professionalism and adding capacity in supporting the mandate of OCHA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In this section list the primary responsibilities of the position (Typically five).As needed add additional context below the responsibilities.Tip: Focus on what the job entails not how to do the job.
The Information Management Officer - Graphic Designer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Managing the processing and analysis of data and information and presenting it in the format most useful for analysis (e.g. reports, maps, infographic, and interactive graphics) for electronic distribution and/or printing.
- Lay-out recurrent and ad hoc reports in close cooperation with the author/project manager
- Design templates for new publications and products in line with graphic guidelines.
- Adapt the existing guidelines and templates to Arabic text requirements.
- Improve and edit art-works, photos, charts and other graphic elements.
Maintain and strengthen OCHA branding, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Safeguard and ensure that publications, reports and products are produced in line with the graphic guidelines;
- Implement the graphic guidelines in OCHA products;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, web and interactive presentations.
Develop presentations and interactive products
- Layout and design presentations;
- Create animations in PowerPoint, Prezi and/or Flash for illustrative purposes such as animation of maps to support OCHA in presenting humanitarian briefings to the international community;
- Create compelling graphics for OCHA web, social media campaigns/platforms and print materials
Other IM duties
- Maintain a client-oriented approach that ensures the IMU provides high-quality information management services and products to its stakeholders.
- Assist with streamlining of internal information management processes in OCHA Yemen through training and assistance with establishment of relevant guidelines and procedures.
- Any other duties as requested and assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced university degree in Graphic Design, Arts, Multimedia, Geographic Information Systems, Information Management, Statistics, or Social Sciences, or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience with a Master degree or four (4) years of experience with a Bachelor degree.
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product.
- Fully proficient skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Experience in graphic design for the web is required
- Experience in producing interactive presentations is required
- Experience in video compositing, motion graphics design, and animation using Adobe After Effects is desired
- Relevant experience in working with an UN agency or other humanitarian agency is a plus.
- English and Arabic are required. Other official language of the UN will be desirable.