Mercy Corps Europe (MCE) has grown rapidly in terms of volume of activity and complexity. We are now looking for an experienced Digital Fundraising Officer to join us. The Fundraising team plays a key role in Mercy Corps, generating income and raising our profile.The team is based across our European offices in Edinburgh, Geneva, London and The Hague.
The Digital Fundraising Officer will act as a source of digital fundraising expertise in the Supporter Fundraising and Engagement and Corporate Partnerships Teams as well as the global RD team where needed to meet their digital goals.Lead on devising a digital strategy that will maximise supporter engagement and acquisition, and thus grow individual giving income, with the input of the Senior Fundraising Manager.
Mercy Corps Europe's fundraising team is in a growth phase and there are many opportunities to innovate. Creative freedom is very much encouraged and the diversity of the organisation's programmes makes our fundraising work truly varied.There is huge potential in this role to deliver digital initiatives that will have a significant impact in growing our donor base, including testing new ways of engaging with audiences, expanding use of online advertising, SEO and AdWords, harnessing data to create more effective campaigns, engaging thought-leaders and influencers online, and investigating new payment channels.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the latest trends in digital fundraising and will have both the creative and technical skills to deliver the digital strategy. He/ she will have demonstrable knowledge of the UK online fundraising market, with experience of working across multiple online channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.The digital programme is underpinned by our emails and so experience devising communications plans and writing for email is a must. Candidates should possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing work environment. The successful candidate will not only have the right experience on paper but also the right personal 'fit'; someone who really lives and breathes our culture and values, with a visible passion for the work we do and a desire to tell our story.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead on devising and implementing a digital strategy that effectively integrates with the wider fundraising offering and agency priorities
- Lead on innovating our digital offering - taking ideas from conception through to testing and beyond
- Be the digital expert withinfundraising - supporting and leading Community, Offline and Corporate teams to effectively digitise fundraising
- Work with the Senior Digital Communications Officer to integrate fundraising into our owned channels.
- Ensure that Mercy Corps grows number of digital engaged supporters and income to meet targets
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation of digital campaigns and activity (including email, PPC, social, programmatic and display), to deliver against set targets
- With support from the rest of the team, develop and edit digital fundraising content suitable for target audiences,such as prospective online donors or community fundraising participants, ensuring consistency with Mercy Corps branding and style guidelines
- Ensure digital fundraising content is continually optimised to maximise supporter engagement and income
- Perform regular user testing to inform knowledge of online audiences
- Identify new platforms and channels, and keepabreast of current digital fundraising trends and comparator organisations to ensure that Mercy Corps Europe is relevant with supporters.
- Work alongside Fundraising Operations to inform digital campaigns, and with the Media and Communications team to ensure that digital fundraising integrates appropriately with media and communications strategy and activities.
- Act as point of contact with Mercy Corps Global (MCG) Digital Director and team to ensure activities are aligned.
- Manage Google Adwords account effectively to maximise engagements and income. Optimise balancing grants with paid accounts.
- Train team members on the use of digital platforms such as Actionkit to upskill colleagues and support cross-team working
- Assist with internal training as required in regards to digital initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Senior Fundraising Manager, responsible for ensuring that all digital fundraising activities are legal and adhere to industry best practise.
- As part of our commitment to organisational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organisations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
- to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally five years of experience in a digital marketing/ communications role, with proven experience in digital fundraising, including planning and delivering campaigns.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a range of digital fundraising channels.
- Experience of writing and editing engaging content for online donor audiences.
- Experience of setting digital KPIs and developing in-house digital fundraising capabilities.
- Proven ability to use analytics/metrics and user testing to inform and improve online campaigns.
- Ability to work to/ protect brand and style guidelines.
- Ideally prior experience of working with external digital agencies
- Ideally a working knowledge of UK and European charity law and data protection.
- Some knowledge of graphic design programmes such as Photoshop, Adobe Suite, InDesign.
- Relevant professional certifications or equivalent experience.